Elizabeth A. Atkinson, M.D.
Dr. Elizabeth A. Atkinson is a Board Certified otolaryngologist practicing with the ENT Institute. She graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biology from the University of Richmond in Richmond, Virginia. She received her medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia, also located in Richmond.
She performed her surgical internship and her otolaryngology residency at West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia. Afterwards, Dr. Atkinson spent 13 years in private practice in northern Virginia before relocating to Georgia.
Dr. Atkinson has been in the Atlanta area for the past 18 months and enjoys being close to all the cultural opportunities provided here. She has a special interest in nasal and sinus disorders, allergy and pediatric ear, nose and throat problems.
She is a Fellow of the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery.
"I recently had endoscopic sinus surgery and rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Gallups made me feel comfortable and confident in my decision to have surgery. He did an amazing job and the surgery went extremely well. The results are exactly what I wanted and I feel and breathe better."
- Laura B., Alpharetta, GA
In The News:
- Effect of confounding cofactors on responses to pollens during natural season versus pollen challenge chamber exposure,0,15
- 12/12/2013 - The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology...
- Mucosal expression of aquaporin 5 and epithelial barrier proteins in chronic rhinosinusitis with and without nasal polyps.,0,15
- 12/12/2013 - American Journal of Otolaryngology...
- Low gut microbiota diversity in early infancy precedes asthma at school age,0,15
- 12/12/2013 - Clinical & Experimental Allergy...