Magalie Nelson, M.D.
Dr. Magalie Nelson is a Board Certified otolaryngologist practicing with the ENT Institute. Dr. Nelson graduated with a Bachelor degree in Biology from the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. She then obtained her medical degree from the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY where she graduated Cum Laude. She was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society while at Downstate.
She performed her surgical internship and her otolaryngology residency at the Mount Sinai medical Center in New York, one of the most highly regarded training program in the nation. Afterwards, Dr. Nelson spent 7 years in private practice before relocating to Georgia with her husband Prophete Charles and their two wonderful children.
Dr. Nelson has presented nationally at the American Academy of Otolaryngology meeting as well as the Section Meetings of the Triological Society. She has published in several peer reviewed journals as written a book chapter. She is an active member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery and a Fellow of the American Board of Otolaryngology.
Dr. Nelson is well trained in the full scope of Otolaryngology and head and neck surgery. She has a special interest in endocrine surgery, nasal and sinus disorders, allergy and pediatric ear, nose and throat problems. She seeks to provide her patients with the highest quality of care with the most advanced techniques available in the most caring fashion.
"I recently had endoscopic sinus surgery and rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Gallups made me feel comfortable and confident in my decision to have surgery. He did an amazing job and the surgery went extremely well. The results are exactly what I wanted and I feel and breathe better."
- Laura B., Alpharetta, GA
In The News:
Ear, Nose and Throat News From Medical News Today
- Blood Test May Detect Sexually Transmitted Throat Cancer,0,15
- Tue, 18 Jun 2013 - A blood test can detect antibodies of HPV that can cause throat and or...
- Vestibular Prosthesis To Help Restore Balance For Those With Meniere's Disease,0,15
- Tue, 18 Jun 2013 - Many disorders of the inner hear which affect both hearing and balance...
- Two-Step Mechanism Of 'Inner Ear Tip Link Regrowth' Offers Potential For Interventions That Could Save Hearing,0,15
- Thu, 13 Jun 2013 - A team of NIH-supported researchers is the first to show, in mice, an ...