Magalie Nelson, M.D.
Dr. Magalie Nelson is a Board Certified otolaryngologist practicing with the ENT Institute. Dr. Nelson graduated with a Bachelor degree in Biology from the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. She then obtained her medical degree from the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY where she graduated Cum Laude. She was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society while at Downstate.
She performed her surgical internship and her otolaryngology residency at the Mount Sinai medical Center in New York, one of the most highly regarded training program in the nation. Afterwards, Dr. Nelson spent 7 years in private practice before relocating to Georgia with her husband Prophete Charles and their two wonderful children.
Dr. Nelson has presented nationally at the American Academy of Otolaryngology meeting as well as the Section Meetings of the Triological Society. She has published in several peer reviewed journals as written a book chapter. She is an active member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery and a Fellow of the American Board of Otolaryngology.
Dr. Nelson is well trained in the full scope of Otolaryngology and head and neck surgery. She has a special interest in endocrine surgery, nasal and sinus disorders, allergy and pediatric ear, nose and throat problems. She seeks to provide her patients with the highest quality of care with the most advanced techniques available in the most caring fashion.
"Dr. Joseph, thank you for being so attentive to our little girl. She told all her friends that a Princess took out her tonsils, (she says you look like Princess Jasmine). From day one- We felt safe with you as her surgeon. As a parent, it was such a relief to know she was being cared for and felt a sense of security in your care."
- Georgette, Newnan, GA
In The News:
- Conventional radiotherapy vs concurrent chemoradiotherapy vs accelerated radiotherapy in loco-regionally advanced carcinoma of head and neck: Results of a prospective randomised trial,0,15
- 9/22/2014 - Head & Neck...
- Endoscopic, radiological, and symptom correlation of olfactory dysfunction in pre- and postsurgical patients of chronic rhinosinusitis,0,15
- 9/22/2014 - Chemical Senses...
- High-dose sublingual immunotherapy in patients with uncontrolled allergic rhinitis sensitized to pollen: A real-life clinical study,0,15
- 9/22/2014 - International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology...