Earnest C. Riley, M.D.
Dr. Earnest C. Riley is a board- certified otolaryngologist, head and neck surgeon who practices in our Smyrna office. Dr. Riley completed his undergraduate degree at Kearney State College, Kearney, Nebraska (now called University of Nebraska at Kearney). He received his medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX.
Dr. Riley continued his training on active duty as a physician in the Navy, completing a surgical internship at the National Naval Hospital, Bethesda, MD. He completed his residency in otolaryngology, head and neck surgery at the Naval Hospital, San Diego, CA. Dr. Riley remained on staff at the Naval Hospital teaching residents in the Department of Otolaryngology until completion of his duties in the U.S. Navy.
Dr. Riley has spent the last several years in private practice in Alabama, recently relocating to Atlanta to be near his family. He enjoys all aspects of otolaryngology practice, but he maintains a special interest in the surgical treatment of chronic ear disease, sinus disease, and thyroid disease.
Dr. Riley is on active staff at Emory Adventist Hospital, Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital, and Children's HealthCare of Atlanta. He is a longtime, active member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. He and his wife Marsha have enjoyed the move to Atlanta since it means being close to their grandchildren. His hobbies include fishing with his grandchildren and woodworking.
"I recently had endoscopic sinus surgery and rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Gallups made me feel comfortable and confident in my decision to have surgery. He did an amazing job and the surgery went extremely well. The results are exactly what I wanted and I feel and breathe better."
- Laura B., Alpharetta, GA
In The News:
Ear, Nose and Throat News From Medical News Today
- Antibiotic Prescribing Of Acute Rhinosinusitis Vary In United States Ambulatory Settings,0,15
- Mon, 13 May 2013 - Antibiotics for acute rhinosinusitis (ARS) are prescribed frequently -...
- No Need To Toss Your Toothbrush After A Sore Throat,0,15
- Tue, 07 May 2013 - Word on the street has it you should replace your toothbrush after suf...
- 'Bionic' Ear Has Potential To Restore Or Enhance Human Hearing,0,15
- Mon, 06 May 2013 - Scientists at Princeton University used off-the-shelf printing tools t...