Earnest C. Riley, M.D.
Dr. Earnest C. Riley is a board- certified otolaryngologist, head and neck surgeon who practices in our Smyrna office. Dr. Riley completed his undergraduate degree at Kearney State College, Kearney, Nebraska (now called University of Nebraska at Kearney). He received his medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX.
Dr. Riley continued his training on active duty as a physician in the Navy, completing a surgical internship at the National Naval Hospital, Bethesda, MD. He completed his residency in otolaryngology, head and neck surgery at the Naval Hospital, San Diego, CA. Dr. Riley remained on staff at the Naval Hospital teaching residents in the Department of Otolaryngology until completion of his duties in the U.S. Navy.
Dr. Riley has spent the last several years in private practice in Alabama, recently relocating to Atlanta to be near his family. He enjoys all aspects of otolaryngology practice, but he maintains a special interest in the surgical treatment of chronic ear disease, sinus disease, and thyroid disease.
Dr. Riley is on active staff at Emory Adventist Hospital, Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital, and Children's HealthCare of Atlanta. He is a longtime, active member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. He and his wife Marsha have enjoyed the move to Atlanta since it means being close to their grandchildren. His hobbies include fishing with his grandchildren and woodworking.
"Dr. Joseph, thank you for being so attentive to our little girl. She told all her friends that a Princess took out her tonsils, (she says you look like Princess Jasmine). From day one- We felt safe with you as her surgeon. As a parent, it was such a relief to know she was being cared for and felt a sense of security in your care."
- Georgette, Newnan, GA
In The News:
- Nasal steroids in snorers can decrease snoring frequency: a randomized placebo-controlled crossover trial,0,15
- 10/30/2014 - Journal of Sleep Research...
- Emergence of streptococcus pneumoniae serogroups 15 and 35 in nasopharyngeal cultures from young children with acute otitis media,0,15
- 10/30/2014 - The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal...
- Instruments in rhinoplasty: Who is behind the name?,0,15
- 10/30/2014 - Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery...