The Ear, Nose and Throat Institute is dedicated to providing speech and voice therapy services to patients of all ages. Using the latest in testing and treatment techniques, our experienced speech therapists specialize in assisting patients with speech, communication and swallowing disorders.
Our speech therapy services includes:
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Treatment/speech therapy services
- Parent/family training
Without therapy, speech disorders can affect quality of life by interfering with learning and impairing social interaction. Regular sessions with a speech therapist help you improve your confidence along with your communication skills.
The number of therapy sessions needed depends on the severity of your condition. Some individuals experience an improvement after a few weeks while others may need years of therapy. Your therapist will determine the best course of treatment after a thorough evaluation.
More about Speech and Language Disorders
Speech disorders can occur in early childhood or may develop later in life as a result of trauma or injury. Although speech disorders can affect anyone, they are most prevalent in individuals with the following conditions:
- Impaired hearing
- Breathing or swallowing disorders
- Cleft lip or palate
Common disorders include:
- Articulation disorders (Speech)
- Language disorders (Disorders of expression or comprehension)
- Voice disorders
To learn more about speech disorders or The ENT Institute's speech therapy programs, please call (770) 740-1860 or contact us online.
Meet Our Speech-Language Pathologist:
Click here to read the bio for The ENT Institute's Speech-Language Pathologist, Tiffany Parker.
"I recently had endoscopic sinus surgery and rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Gallups made me feel comfortable and confident in my decision to have surgery. He did an amazing job and the surgery went extremely well. The results are exactly what I wanted and I feel and breathe better."
- Laura B., Alpharetta, GA
In The News:
Ear, Nose and Throat News From Medical News Today
- Antibiotic Prescribing Of Acute Rhinosinusitis Vary In United States Ambulatory Settings,0,15
- Mon, 13 May 2013 - Antibiotics for acute rhinosinusitis (ARS) are prescribed frequently -...
- No Need To Toss Your Toothbrush After A Sore Throat,0,15
- Tue, 07 May 2013 - Word on the street has it you should replace your toothbrush after suf...
- 'Bionic' Ear Has Potential To Restore Or Enhance Human Hearing,0,15
- Mon, 06 May 2013 - Scientists at Princeton University used off-the-shelf printing tools t...