FREE Tinnitus Screening
Described as “ringing in the ears”, tinnitus (“tin-a-tus” or “tin-eye-tus”) is a subjective condition that is only heard by the patient and no one else. There are varying causes to tinnitus, including exposure to extremely loud noises and medications. Currently, the cure has not been found, but there are solutions to symptom management that are helping people across the country.
According to the Mayo Clinic, tinnitus effects 15 to 20 percent of people.
While there is currently no cure. There are solutions to symptom management listed below:
- Stress reducers that include exercise and other activities that range from person-to-person
- Healthy dieting can have a positive effect on tinnitus
- Social interaction helps to relieve feelings of isolation
- Cognitive therapy can reduce the emotional responses to tinnitus, which can then reduce the symptoms
- Breathing and relaxation exercises
- Two of your main enemies for tinnitus “are” silence and stress. If you’re in a quiet place, have a constant sound in the background (TV, box fan, music).
If you have questions about tinnitus, our tinnitus specialist Dr. Sonia Hamidi is ready to help you. Click the chat button in the lower right corner.